Planning an event can be quite an undertaking. Working with your rental company, of course, can make the entire process go much more smoothly. One thing that may often be overlooked however, is lighting. Many indoor venues already have lights, so it’s often assumed that everything should be fine. The beauty of lighting rentals is that you can have the opportunity to shape the way your event is lit. Whether it’s for accents using string lighting and LEDs, or highlighting specific areas, portable rented lighting can make a huge impact.
There are many factors that can affect the amount and type of lighting that is best for your event. Things such as the number of guests, the weather conditions, the location and other specific event related factors all come into play. When the sun goes down, nothing can shape the landscape or mood like effective use of lighting. Just some common uses are:
- Chandeliers bring on the elegance. A classic, beautiful and functional centerpiece that brings style and warmth to your event.
- Lanterns scattered about, can change the mood and atmosphere of any area. With the many styles to choose from, lanterns can bring a subtle authenticity to the style and theme that you’re trying to convey in your event.
- If your event venue has a lot of permanent fixtures that can otherwise detract from the beauty of your decor, then spotlighting or wash lighting can be a very effective at making them fade into the background with an effective use of subtle color and other techniques.
- Stage lighting is extremely effective at focusing everyone’s attention on the “main event” of your gathering.
- String lighting can be used to create a specific area. For example, hung overhead in rows, string lights can create the illusion of a ceiling, providing warm light and clearly defining a specified space such as a dance floor or dining area.
If you’re planning an event and are wondering what you can do to make it special, then give us a call and we’ll let you know of the newest and most creative ways that lighting can make your event stand out.